Saturday, January 28, 2006



a couple unfinished thoughts:





We can discuss and debate. or we /could/, but where is it going to lead us? we are not wise.
~Lord bless us with wisdom.~
Without a wise man in the crowd, we will find ourselves confused. (note: dont take this too far.)
How often do we stop and listen to everything a wise man has to say, or even a fool, take it all to heart and believe it? Is this not like setting up false gods?


psalm 119:9
"How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to Your word."

God is the Truth. the Word is His. Therefore it is truth. Untouched by human flaw.

~He said it. I believe it.~




Why make evil available to yourself out of free will?
Why accept unnecessary burdens?
Why search out sin, wrong, hate, evil the doings of the devil?
And Why invite others along for the ride?





Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

feel the need for a miracle?
- this life, it's not all about miracles
- can you believe without seeing?


john 20:25, 29
25 - "So the other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord!' But he said to them, 'Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.' "
29 - "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.' "

- and often we don't see the miracles, or they're not "big enough", up to our standards

psalm 119:18
"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law."

3 Comments:

Blogger kathleen said...

Wow. That definitely made me think. Especially the Hebrews verse... I've heard it before but this time it just hit me differently. Maybe i'll talk to you more about this later... i have a whole train of thoughts going now...

debating could go on forever... i think it can be real stupid sometimes...

29/1/06 9:14 AM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

personally, i don't think debating is a bad thing when you're trying to understand the truth, and that's both of the peoples' goal. but it can definitely get out of hand and become a fight. i hate debating when the other person doesn't listen and only wants to provoke you.
i find that when i'm arguing with parents, siblings, or friends i tend to just provoke... one of my faults.
good post. :)

29/1/06 2:18 PM  
Blogger Elysha said...

verses verses!!!
I had a weekend with verses. I mean, certain verses that kept striking me so crystal clear and so different from any time before. it was sweet!

30/1/06 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home