Sunday, September 17, 2006

a little bit of background information first, for those of you who dont know:
1) i ride the unicycle (and im gonna learn the giraffe.)

2) about a year ago, while i was still living just to tell of the wonder-full things, cause he was so perfect, i met a clown. to make the story short, every time i go down that street and the guy's outside, he offers me a job. so then i started to avoid that street.

today i was spinning through the neighbourhood, doing my weekly rounds. something happened to me again. ill give you a list, that will perhaps even convince you to drop by and learn a bit of one-wheeled-driving.

prologue) read 1) & 2)
3) one time i rode past this house and met these three kids (two guys, one girl). they were in a band, and liked my unicycle. that was about the extent of the conversation. so if one day you hear a song 'bout some young girl riding 'round on a unicycle, completely in love (cause of course all music is 'bout love/the opposite), then you'll know it was me;)

4) i rode past this house that burned down a bunch and a half of years ago. useless point. and i hear this humungie noise, sounded like a sick elephant/racecar. turns out my second guess was better, a pick-up truck. one of those hugggeee ones though, was coming towards me..fortunetly he decided to stop and let me go by. then a couple seconds later i hear the noise coming up behind me again, freaked me out a bit. but it turns out all he wanted was a picture. so now some random dude and his big truck have a picture of me on a one-wheeled-little-truck.

5) there's this house in the neighbourhood that always has a million and one kids running round on the front lawn. always. i think ive been there once, late at night, when there was no one there. anyways, so i always run past there or unicycle past there..and the kids dont remember me, ever. its really funny. but they're getting bigger every year. one of them couldnt walk last year..and now he's walking. i feel like some distant relative who always goes: o wow! you've really grown since i last saw you!

6) dogs bark at me, and the occasional bird makes a really weird squawking sound when i roll past.

7) an elderly lady with a cane called me slow today

8) i went down clown-guys street today

9) i met another clown. fancy that. and no im not making that up. he engaged me in a short conversation..fortunetly didnt try to recruit me or anything. but its a little odd, i have two clowns in the neighbourhood..and me. three people who do the whole unicycling thing.

10) i met 21 new people. unicycling really breaks the ice. esp. on a sunny day.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tala Azar said...

that's awesome. i think if you were a total stranger to me and i read this post i would really want to meet you. :P

17/9/06 2:41 PM  
Blogger Jon Berg said...

wow thats really nifty that you can ride a unicycle. .

i taught myself how to juggle recently. but you can prolly do that to right ;)

17/9/06 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can neither ride a unicycle, nor juggle.

I guess I'd make a terrible clown. :/

17/9/06 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my juggling is slowly improving.
and i can make balloon animals!

ok...that was a lie.
but i can make balloon sausages, you know with the separate links...
so i can make balloon...lunch meats...

anyways.
the picture thing's kind of creepy. reminds of me something that happened on my bus last week.
this guys driving close behind us so some people start making faces at him.
it's fun to make someones day a little more special.
one female type person on the bus was still waving at him, etc., until the guy reaches down beside him, looking for something.
suddenly he lifts up a camera and starts snapping pictures.
kah-reepy.

17/9/06 9:11 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

colucci's trying to teach me to juggle...i can sorta do it. heh. i need more practice.
the first clown i met taught me how to do the whole balloon animal thing. he gave me a chicken hat too...haha. and then i had to hold it all the way back home. a little embaressing.
haha phil. ill teach you;)
o and darryl...i know you cant 'judge a book by its cover' or anything like that. buuuttt...the man was like a grandpa. white hair. big mustache. deep voice. haha...this word just came to mind: jubilant. aah. so he was a bit safe.
love
tj

17/9/06 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(did the accidental log in thing again)
for some reason your description made me think of the kentucky fried chicken guy.
and 'jubilant' made me imagine him hopping up and down on a pogo stick.

either way, you'll have to teach me how to unicycle some time

17/9/06 11:02 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

haha unicycling is so neat! i still can't believe you do that! it's so incredibly awesome!!

i deifnitely cannot juggle. and i don't like extreme amounts of make up on my face. and i'm not very good at being funny intentionally. i would make a horrible clown. but that's alright because a clown has never been my ambition.

17/9/06 11:09 PM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

i want to get a face painting kit.

18/9/06 8:56 AM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

we used to paint our faces at halloween.
curious: which phil are you?..phil.

18/9/06 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home