Sunday, October 29, 2006

downdate

life: such a big deal for such a small thing. smarten up!
there are so many people and such a small population left to get to know them.

quiz time:
at least now i know
so now im driving on a more regular basis. which means i need to get things more together with bethany and start planning a driver school learning date. which im not really looking forward to after hearing the reviews from the others. ha. 'the others'. "sometimes i bleeeeeeed". who's going to get that? counting on you gradeschool girly-cues. so back to driving, i seriously need to start working on the whole nerve factor, im not going to turn into an old granny craning her neck to see over the steering wheel and moving at 20 on a 60 road.
im worn out
1. i am most afraid of _____________.
a) red lights
b) green lights
c) yellow lights
used up
so with the whole driving thing i just summarized in hardly any detail, comes this freaky feeling that everyone is just dying to plow into me; on or off the road. and since im so sick of the process: identify the problem and leave the solution floating out where your heart is, that being somewhere on pluto, which was recently discovered to be /not/ a planet. which makes my heart /not/ a heart. which makes you /not/ a person. wow. freaky. click. click. so back on topic...since im sick of that process ive found a solution to the plowing-into-tara phobia. however reachable it may be. i desperatly need to be a ghost. even better if i could do it on command. i really want to move on right through some people. and have some things (cars for example, people too) move right on through me and not flinch. the best part is, i would still be very conscious of the whole ongoing.

laid aside
2. on a scale of one to ten rate my chances in getting my wish:
history
so about two weeks ago i was at heajins place singing karaoke. whats really scary is that the whole bonding aspect of it all actually happened. i made .mmm...two /new/ friends. which is merely following suit with the rest of my year so far. which is awesome if the whole ghost thing actually turns out. and if it doesnt? im still working on that. so realized with the whole karaoke thing...and then the whole rollerskating thing. that disco balls are really my type of thing. i should have caught onto that sooner though, as i should have with a whole lot of other things. but thats besides the point. i put christmas lights up in my bedroom from november to february. which makes up for the only purposefully tacky thing in my life. i despise tacky.
so now i can at least freely...
3. three things i should have caught onto long ago:
-
-
-
stop
do not go gentle into that good night. im going to take this completely out of context and tell you about a dream i had. i dreamt that we were riding bareback on a horse in the middle of the night. and it was snowing. so as of now. last night was the last time ive ridden a horse.
and you can...
4. when was the real last time ive ridden a horse?
leave
im dieing of curiosity. im so curious: if i hadnt done this whole blog thing. how well would you know me. and how much easier would it have been and be to be friends right now? msn does that too eh. i wish i had never let you all at my email. i have a feeling id be a lot clearer in my thinking.
unless you have any soul in you
5. how has blogs and msn negetively affected you? (this is not a school question. no matter how technical it sounds)
which i know you dont
my course load this year is not quite what i expected it to be. art is a lot harder as mr.groen is fresh with new ideas after his year off and i go on thursdays for extra work (jonathan...we need to think about that thing esp. before he gets on our case). my real love in art class right now though is that book groen has. english is bland, drama is what i expected it to be, fancy that. and geo is unmentionable. and for some reason, i feel a lot older. which makes everything a lot more hazy. as was expected. but im stll not prepared. i know what would make my life perfect right now.
excuse the pessimism
6. what would make my life perfect right now?
to whoever highlights their words
7. whats on your christmas list?
cause i hope you're click clicking now
8. whats on my secret list?
and letting something...
and to avoid this from turning into a guessing game..ill tell you something new. im seeing the hyprocrite in me. which is holding me back from doing a lot cause im afraid of it backfiring back into my face and burning off my eyebrows. which would be horrible. i see the start of a jealous streak in me. which is starting to faze me. and the worst part is that i saw it coming. yes. i did. ive seen a couple things coming, and i see another thing coming now. like i said before, i really want the ghost personality. i could deal with the whole split personality if half of me was ghost. i see things getting complicated. which i remember now was where i was going with the karaoke thing. we sang 'complicated'. if that song wasnt so annoying, id find it bearable. but for now its just ponderable.
hang over your conscience
9.
why do you have to go and make things so complicated?
cause that makes two of us.
now go listen to the rest of the song. or better yet, read the lyrics. (and if you do go all the way, your loss.)

and for once in a long while
one more thing. when i talk i want it to mean something. its so easy to let my words get away with me and i can see it in every other person ive ever met too. we're supposed to be living a show-not-tell life. (that reminds me of vriends english class. show not tell in your writing. i wrote about a horse. and did a good job, if you rate it by the mark. it also reminds me of kindergarten. see, we were all on the right track in kindergarten 'show and tell'...and by grade nine we had to be taught all over again. but apparently most of us either zoned out through those classes or forgot already) so there's this one scene in my fair lady that says what im saying
this wasnt self inflicted
Freddy: Speak and the world is full of singing,
And I'm winging Higher than the birds.
Touch and my heart begins to crumble,
The heaven's tumble, Darling, and I'm...
Eliza: Words!
Words! Words! I'm so sick of words!
I get words all day through;
First from him, now from you! Is that all you blighters can do?
Don't talk of stars Burning above; If you're in love,
Show me! Tell me no dreams
Filled with desire. If you're on fire,
Show me! Here we are together in the middle of the night!
Don't talk of spring! Just hold me tight!
Anyone who's ever been in love'll tell you that
This is no time for a chat! Haven't your lips
Longed for my touch? Don't say how much,
Show me! Show me! Don't talk of love lasting through time.
Make me no undying vow. Show me now!
Sing me no song! Read me no rhyme!
Don't waste my time, Show me!
Don't talk of June, Don't talk of fall!
Don't talk at all! Show me!
Never do I ever want to hear another word.
There isn't one I haven't heard.
Here we are together in what ought to be a dream;
Day one more word and I'll scream!
Haven't your arms Hungered for mine?
Please don't "expl'ine," Show me! Show me!
Don't wait until wrinkles and lines
Pop out all over my brow,
Show me now!

now i remember what i was going to say:
10: this aint really a question: just go watch 'my fair lady'. or at least the one scene where she sings with freddy on the street.
its all part of self-denial.
question #11: is self-denial a good thing?
love
tarajoy
so as politely as i can say: please dont try anything else on me
or do, and we'll see how well i hold up.

29 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

my fair lady, i've been wanting to re-watch that for months and months! i was small when we did, and musicals bored me. i'm sure the library has it, but we just haven't gotten to it, like so many other things.
i have something very normal to say, which is that every single thing in your post (except a few) i could absolutely relate to. and not only in the "intake and understand" way but in the "reacting and responding" way. hee. get it?
oh, i have a question. no answers for your questions but my own question for you (really, i have no idea if its the red or green or yellow light. every one sounds plausible until i remember about the next one and its reasons for being chosen). what are your thoughts on chanting? gregorian. i LOVE chanting, and its playing right now. its the most calming, mystery-full music. it makes me really long to go to foreign places, not just get in a mad heady wishing for it. its exotic feeling but steady. heh.
oh, another one (a question). have you read gone with the wind?
i'm asking you about the two things that have been filling my mind in the last hour (and days. i spent the weekend in a warm little cottage, but really i was watching the demise of the morals and conscience of Scarlett O'Hara, ha). how very momentary of me (there's a better word for it but i can't think of it). those two things and the subject of impressionism (essay essay).
now, i'll just hope my grammar and spelling are half in tact, because i've forgotten what i even said at the beginning of this comment.

29/10/06 10:10 PM  
Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

one more thing, i go through valleys and mountains and stretching plains with hills when it comes to writing and speaking and etc., and being sick of words words words is one of the most regular experiences. even if i'm not usually also passionately begging a man to kiss me at the same time.

29/10/06 10:15 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

haha. you're last comment made me laugh. and do watch it. its excellent. i do adore it.
chanting: i dont have much experience with it. but now im curious. it sounds soothing. and mysterious. and subtle. subtle mostly.
no i havent. i should though...or so ive been told.

29/10/06 10:28 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

and by the way..nice to hear from you!!!

29/10/06 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't read the rest of this post yet...

but picture this in white: for me? not me i hope?

(and my eye is still twitching).

love,
your maid.

30/10/06 6:42 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

no not you. dont worry. (that is...if i know what you're talking about...maybe we can talk tomorrow)
haha. my maid. you're cute.

30/10/06 8:53 PM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

i envy you if you're only just getting a jealous streak. :P

well my fair lady wasn't at the video store when i was going to get it. hopeeefully next time.


'(?!?!?!) I'M IN TRAFFIC! (...) i'm in traffic. i'm here, and then i'll be there. out of traffic.'

i am terrified of driving.

30/10/06 9:39 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

i've never really thought of being scared of driving, and how that would feel... probably because pretty much everyone i know has always liked it i guess, and just picked it up so quickly that it has always seemed like a small deal to me. hehe but i bet when i finally will be able to drive i won't necessarily enjoy it that much either... yeah, i guess it is kinda scary in a way.

i suspect that you are most afraid of yellow lights. that seems like the most likely answer to me, because, if you're driving along and it all of a sudden turns yellow you have to decide whether to keep going or to stop. but i could be wrong...

oh, hannah! yeah gregorian chants are really mysterious and soothing, i've always liked them actually. most people i know think they're sorta odd and strange, but i think they're the coolest things ever. you're doing gr.3 music history right? well you'll love gr.4 then cause most of it's about gregorian chants and music from the middle ages and stuff :D it's great, you'll love it.

well, math is calling. when will i see you again tara? i don't even know. that's a sad thought.

31/10/06 9:46 AM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

p.s. your schoolmates get the coolest link-names but we don't. i'm hurting.

31/10/06 11:58 AM  
Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

o-oo-oh, i just finished reading gone with the wind and its heart wrenching

31/10/06 11:58 AM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

tala: jealous streak...there's always jealousy..in every person. but recently...its been one of my bigger faults.
i wont give out any answers yet. maybe after i post again. then you'll see if you're right janelle. and o man janelle! i was so frustrated i couldnt go to that thing kathleen had at the end of the summer cause i woulda seen you all again...bleh. well, not really sure who was all there..but you know what i mean. dont worry, we'll figure something out with time.
hehe tala...sorry, i thought your names were cool:(. hehe. ill add you something cool..just let me time to think of it. ;)
hannah: hm, i should really read it, from what i know of you...you have good taste. so we'll see.

31/10/06 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yea, from the little driving i've experienced so far it is slightly scary. For me i just really don't want to hit nethingg.

yea we really do have to get going on our ideas for that art thing. you havn't mentioned ne mind exploding ideas to me yet so . . u've thought about it as much as i have (?)

w/e we will get it done, and it will be amazing.

31/10/06 3:58 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

so i've finished reading the whole post.

driving absolutely excites me and i don't find it half as nerve-wrecking as i thought it would be. which is really odd... because i expected to be terrified. i actually feel myself wanting to go faster. i think i'm going to be horrible at driving, i just can't think of multiple things at once.

and the rest is interesting as always. though after reading all your posts, i am always left curious and i just want you to elaborate more. but "enjoy it for what it is" eh. mmm so that's what i do.

31/10/06 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and that was me, kathleen.

31/10/06 6:25 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

hm yeah, i wasn't there tara.
maybe we should have a christmas party! at like... Christmas! haha, i love christmas, maybe in the christmas holidays we can all get together.

1/11/06 8:31 AM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

haha, when else do you have christmas parties janelle?

1/11/06 5:33 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

janelle and tara... a christmas party is a must! i'll have one at my house if you guys figure out the day and time and stuff. and then it can also be our POST CAMPING party and we'll invite the same people. oh oh oh oh! and then also... IT COULD BE MY BIRTHDAY PARTY that never happened in august cause people couldn't make it. which actually sorta did happen.

1/11/06 6:34 PM  
Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

no no, lets have it at our house, our house is the perfect party house. actually, if i was being settled mummy might not (but she might) be all settled with having the party at our house, and also, if its your birthday it would be better at your house, and... well anyways, but our house would just be so cheery at christmas.

1/11/06 6:59 PM  
Blogger Hannah Strauss said...

oh dear, what a confusion of words.
"if i was being sensible, mummy might not be settled with having..."

1/11/06 7:00 PM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

how about, we have multiple christmas parties?

how about, that won't happen.
this is not pessimism i fear, but i like kath's idea. as long as you plan it properly and ahead of time. cough.

1/11/06 7:15 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

sounds like a date girls. whee! i cant wait. we cant let this idea escape us.;) (after your descriptions of your house, i wanna see it hannah/tala! show me a picture...stick it on your blog or something. judging from your descriptions...i bet it /would/ be real festive and cozy at christmas time!)

1/11/06 10:28 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

ha welll as long as i can like... meet someone around hamilton area and then drive to kathleen's house cause yeah. looong drive for the parents.
oh how i love christmas.
we should do it in the christmas holidays... and not only make it a christmas party/post camping party but then also make it a sleepover :D tralalala

2/11/06 6:28 AM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

not on the 28th though, i have a piano thing. and my aunt is visiting for ten days somewhere in there, soooo. hey tara, if you search 'strausses on locke' you will find my (embarrassing) family's... little thingy. it's mostly for people in south africa, but other people seem to like looking at it too :S.

2/11/06 9:47 AM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

janelle, you could go with us if we went

2/11/06 2:34 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

hahahaa..thanks tala. ill be sure to check it out;) eeh, me and kathleen talked a bit about the christmas thing idea today. we're sooo gonna do it!

2/11/06 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

answer to last question: no i don't think it is

3/11/06 7:24 PM  
Blogger Elysha said...

i'm commenting inadequately.

4/11/06 1:36 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

nice lysha

4/11/06 1:37 PM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

i disagree darryl.

5/11/06 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home