Saturday, January 27, 2007

ive got nothing

brents song


A scent of hope in this lack of direction
a smile on a face that seemed so tired, drunk and weary
A heartbeat against a flat line on a machines diagnostics
a heavyweight against every other metaphor
Every other word you could think of
A sunshine, a brighter time
Tears on the face of a man ready to break
Tears he would rather disguise
Just another person glad to wake today
Another hopeful lyricist on your case tonight

Checkmate
Amongst every last fault I could pick on
take my hand
I'm not into trust since the very last time
hold on tight
I think I could just about get used to this
don’t let go
I think I’ve found the best way out

Walk me home amongst the broken glass
the random strangers and the police tape
against the backdrop of this suburban clamour
we can make our very own composition
Under these very streetlights, let the actors commence
let me fade stage left, did I even get your name?
Just a number will do
I've got nothing more than 1111 tonight

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

cool. i never read these as songs though, 'cause i don't know the tune. they're just really good poems to me.
a heavyweight against any other metaphor. i love that line for no apparent reason.

27/1/07 10:15 AM  
Blogger tarajoy said...

ya, me too john.

27/1/07 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home